Dota Malta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DotA at Hackers LAN

4 posters

Go down

DotA at Hackers LAN Empty DotA at Hackers LAN

Post by polt3r Sat 23 May - 13:46

Copy paste from mikk's PM:
Since I do not have permission to post new topics, or even to reply to topics, can you please post this on my behalf?

basically Hackers is looking to group up 6 DotA 5v5 teams to play in a tournament at Hackers LAN, so if you actually want ur game to start being featured at LANs, I suggest you show interest! one 5v5 clan (insideout) have already said that they will participate, so its up to the rest of you to show ur interest here: http://lanthrax.com/forum_topic.asp?TID=eH14Z3A%3D
Info on the LAN can be found here: http://www.hackerslan.com/

Also, we might even hold a 5v5 (or less) tournament at ClubLAN'09 - details are to be released shortly but feedback would be appreciated either here: http://www.maltacybergames.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=7&func=view&catid=9&id=338&limit=15&limitstart=330#878
or on our own website: http://club-gaming.com/

thirdly, we at MCG could look into organising online (and maybe later even leagues with lan finals) for DotA, if there is sufficient interest
so get posting, show ur interest, and tell all the maltese DotA players out there to do the same.
lets get DotA in the spotline guys
polt3r
polt3r

Back to top Go down

DotA at Hackers LAN Empty Re: DotA at Hackers LAN

Post by mikk Sat 23 May - 14:30

Hi, so finally i have permission to post.
well basically, whatever polt3r said. I'm pretty much involved in anything eSports on these islands, so i have a certain weight on what happens and stuff. I want to give the DotA community a chance to flourish and for it to become a main game in local LANs and competitions. maybe sometime we may see some DotA team playing high profile tournaments with the best the international scene has to offer. yes, I'm a fan of eSports, and would love to see Maltese teams turn competitive and actually be a challenge to the best teams out there. The CoD4 team i manage did that, and I hope teams from other gaming scenes such as DotA (and others) can do the same.
however at the end of the day it all rests on the shoulders of you players, so get busy Razz

mikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Refleax Sat 23 May - 15:08

That would be awesome. All The members of this community all hope that someday we can do some tournaments for DotA, I'm sure that everyone here would be up for a tournament but the thing is that the community isn't big enough to get 30 players. I can assure you that we are doing our utmost best to find as many people that play DotA as we can.

Refleax
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mikk Sat 23 May - 18:55

start forming clans then, and show ur interest to the organisers on the links provided Smile

mikk

Back to top Go down

Post by polt3r Sat 23 May - 19:28

mikk wrote:Hi, so finally i have permission to post.
well basically, whatever polt3r said. I'm pretty much involved in anything eSports on these islands, so i have a certain weight on what happens and stuff. I want to give the DotA community a chance to flourish and for it to become a main game in local LANs and competitions. maybe sometime we may see some DotA team playing high profile tournaments with the best the international scene has to offer. yes, I'm a fan of eSports, and would love to see Maltese teams turn competitive and actually be a challenge to the best teams out there. The CoD4 team i manage did that, and I hope teams from other gaming scenes such as DotA (and others) can do the same.
however at the end of the day it all rests on the shoulders of you players, so get busy Razz

Playing against the top skilled foreigners is quite close mission impossible:
best players have been playing for more than 5years
their sponsors don't sponsor them only to go to international LANs but simply to travel from russia to china or malaysia to gain more experience
most of them play 16hrs a day (geeks? xD)
they outnumber us terribly Very Happy
most of them compete in national inhouse leagues which in malta cannot be set up because we are too few...
and much much more :p
polt3r
polt3r

Back to top Go down

Post by mikk Sat 23 May - 19:46

polt3r wrote:

their sponsors don't sponsor them only to go to international LANs but simply to travel from russia to china or malaysia to gain more experience
most of them compete in national inhouse leagues which in malta cannot be set up because we are too few...

same could be said for the current eversio cod4 team (the team im a manager of) - 4 of the 6 players started off playing CoD4 competitively when the top teams in the scene had been playing since the first iteration of the game, yet today, they're at the top of their game...arguably a top 30 European team, if not better. they won all local competitions, and with the money they won, they decided to go to a major international event.

the biggest thing inhibiting u from not reaching the standard of foreign teams is that u do not try, not that its impossible. im not saying that you should be a geek, or that you're gonna be at the top of the DotA scene, or that you should travel abroad but trying will definitely get u somewhere. (and 16 hours a day is not required no Razz ) Being an above average team is already a very respectable achievement..so why not try for such a not-so-distant goal first and see where it goes..

ftit ftit tasal, u qas biss tinduna li tkun wasalt ximkien Smile

mikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Refleax Sun 24 May - 4:49

mikk wrote:
polt3r wrote:

same could be said for the current eversio cod4 team (the team im a manager of) - 4 of the 6 players started off playing CoD4 competitively when the top teams in the scene had been playing since the first iteration of the game, yet today, they're at the top of their game...arguably a top 30 European team, if not better. they won all local competitions, and with the money they won, they decided to go to a major international event.

the biggest thing inhibiting u from not reaching the standard of foreign teams is that u do not try, not that its impossible. im not saying that you should be a geek, or that you're gonna be at the top of the DotA scene, or that you should travel abroad but trying will definitely get u somewhere. (and 16 hours a day is not required no Razz ) Being an above average team is already a very respectable achievement..so why not try for such a not-so-distant goal first and see where it goes..

ftit ftit tasal, u qas biss tinduna li tkun wasalt ximkien Smile

I totally agree mate. We already have some decent players out there and maybe more will show up.

Refleax
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by polt3r Sun 24 May - 8:09

The CW we already play = most of them fail ( we just can't seem to stick to a stable lannable 5guys - people give up on first blood an stuff)
Last summer I used to play with a foreign clan = 1st round knock out stages as team vs team to make it to the group we were beaten out by #fazermint (the name of the clan that used to develop ggc)
We joined a smaller inhouse league, another epic fail after group stages (we lost 2nd knockout game in less than 30mins - I remeber playing leoric ;D where I had treads and bracers our opponents had guinsoos and armlets lol)
polt3r
polt3r

Back to top Go down

Post by mikk Sun 24 May - 11:31

polt3r wrote:The CW we already play = most of them fail ( we just can't seem to stick to a stable lannable 5guys - people give up on first blood an stuff)
Last summer I used to play with a foreign clan = 1st round knock out stages as team vs team to make it to the group we were beaten out by #fazermint (the name of the clan that used to develop ggc)
We joined a smaller inhouse league, another epic fail after group stages (we lost 2nd knockout game in less than 30mins - I remeber playing leoric ;D where I had treads and bracers our opponents had guinsoos and armlets lol)
can't just give up after a couple of tries can you? i never said it was that easy, but a playing schedule with the same team players, say a game or two every evening, five days a week, with a designated team caller, and pre-determined strategies, and you'd be on your way Smile

mikk

Back to top Go down

Post by mikk Sun 24 May - 11:59

also: http://lanthrax.com/forum_topic.asp?TID=eH59ZXI%3D
Maltese DotA league for summer Very Happy

mikk

Back to top Go down

Post by polt3r Sun 24 May - 13:01

Strategies in DotA are really really hard, since they can ban a key hero, and you have nothing left in hand. Down down it's always up to combos you can make in the 5minutes to pick and who is the best farmer Smile
polt3r
polt3r

Back to top Go down

Post by mikk Sun 24 May - 15:57

there are already 2 DotA teams willing to play at Hackers LAN (insideout and Xtra), and furthermore there's the possibility of a mixed team by the hackers admins etc.
so thats 3/6 gogogo Very Happy

mikk

Back to top Go down

Post by polt3r Sun 24 May - 16:33

mikk wrote:there are already 2 DotA teams willing to play at Hackers LAN (insideout and Xtra), and furthermore there's the possibility of a mixed team by the hackers admins etc.

Before venue is confirmed I'm not signing up, as I basically need to enslave a parent or fix a sort of transport van together with the others Very Happy
If that's fixed +1 team would be easy to achieve Smile
polt3r
polt3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Refleax Mon 25 May - 17:19

polt3r wrote:
mikk wrote:there are already 2 DotA teams willing to play at Hackers LAN (insideout and Xtra), and furthermore there's the possibility of a mixed team by the hackers admins etc.

Before venue is confirmed I'm not signing up, as I basically need to enslave a parent or fix a sort of transport van together with the others Very Happy
If that's fixed +1 team would be easy to achieve Smile

Transport shouldn't be an issue. If at least 8+ people show interest in organizing a van please tell me and I'll try to fix it Wink

Refleax
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mikk Tue 26 May - 21:47

msg from the guy behind Hackers who is organising the DotA League in Summer:

"No team has yet submitted his interest for the League. Shall we suppose that all those of you that complain about the cod community, simply complain and that is all? As we are trying to bring up an alternative community to that of COD here and all I have seen till now is I will try to put up a team. With no actual interest! Let us hope this isn't another epic fail.

As even though a lot of ppl say a lot of things against the COD communities and codops, yet COD communities still manage to organize good events in Malta. Can't say the same for a lot of others that just complain about the lack of diversity but still do nothing about it. (I am not one of the later as I have tried endlessley to change this, with a little to no support from non COD Gamers I must say)

I HOPE I AM WRONG ON THIS ONE BUT I AM NOT VERY OPTIMISTIC CONSIDERING THE RESPONSE!!!"

you have show interest here if you want this to happen...only one clan has signed up for now: http://www.hackersmalta.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1751

mikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Secrets Tue 26 May - 22:04

I'm quite confident it will happen personally, i think atm there's a lot of people forming teams (like me) and i know some others since there aren't any fixed clans yet for DotA.
Secrets
Secrets
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mikk Tue 26 May - 22:06

tell them to post in that forum link though, or it won't happen Sad

mikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Refleax Tue 26 May - 23:54

mikk wrote:tell them to post in that forum link though, or it won't happen Sad